Waxing was one of the most popular hair removal methods before more permanent alternatives like laser hair removal were introduced. Waxing is a fairly simple and quick process where a wax-based applicant is first applied to the area from where you want to remove the unwanted hair, in the direction of the hair. The next step is to put a piece of special paper or fabric on the wax and then the strip is pulled off in the direction opposite to your hair growth. When the strip is yanked off, all the hairs come out along with the wax strip giving your smooth, hair-less finish.
Laser hair removal, on the other hand, uses a beam of laser or extremely concentrated beam of light to remove the hair from a particular region of the body, from the roots. Each hair is removed from its very roots and the hair follicles in the dermis of the skin are destroyed in the process. The procedure is started off with applying a numbing cream or an anesthetic in the area on which the laser beam will be focused for the process of hair removal.
The Pros And Cons Of Laser Hair Removal:
• Laser hair removal is the long terms solution. Once the hair follicles are taken out there will be no more regrowth and you do not have to repeat the treatment over and over again.
• The process is pretty quick and usually takes a 6-9 sessions where each session lasting for 30 to 45 minutes depending on the area being treated.
• There is no permanent damage and scar marks involved in this non-surgical process. Even if there is some swelling, itchiness, or discomfort, the symptoms subside within a few days after treatment.
• Laser hair removal is ideal for all your body parts and areas, including the bikini region where waxing is a complete no-no.
• No ingrown hair!
• Laser hair removal is expensive compared to waxing or shaving. Since experts are required to perform the procedure, you need to calculate their fees, the post-care, and your hair removal sessions when it comes to the cost.
The Pros And Cons Of Waxing:
• Waxing is less costly than laser hair removal. You could even do it at home without any assistance which further brings down the price.
• You can wax the more visible body parts at home without having to go to a clinic or a parlor.
• It suits all hair, skin, and body types.
• Waxing is not a permanent solution and therefore must be repeated which makes the process less cost effective than laser hair removal.
• There can be tremendous pain, especially when the hot wax is applied and the strip is yanked off leading to temporary side effects.
• People often face ingrown and regrowth issues which are common for waxing.
Why Laser Hair Removal Over Waxing?
As you can see, the laser is a long-term, permanent solution for unwanted body hair that is also more cost-effective over a prolonged period. The almost no pain factor and the effectiveness of this hair removal technique make it the preferred choice for many.