The collagen and elastin produced in your body naturally have two basic functions. While collagen provides shape and structure to your skin, elastin makes your skin stretchy and tough. As one grows older and the signs of aging sets in, these two proteins can be a huge help in making your skin regain its lost youthful glory and glow. Microneedling is one of the most popular anti-aging skin treatments that stimulate the natural production of collagen and elastin to accelerate the healing process of your body and thereby make your skin look younger by many years. And Skinpen is a device that is arguably one of the best micro-needling tools found in the current market.
What Is Microneedling?
The micro-needling tool, Skinpen is fitted with tiny, microneedles that are used to make light puncture wounds on the uppermost skin surfaces. These puncture wounds or micro-injuries are so small that you cannot see them with the naked eye. However, your body recognizes them, and the process of natural healing kick-starts. This induces and increases the production of collagen and elastin making your skin look healthier and younger from within.
Micro-needling can be used to treat several dermatological issues ranging from acne scars and stretch marks to wrinkles, skin dullness, and even for skin lightning and pigmentations. Micro-needling with the Skinpen has gained massive popularity because this non-invasive process is almost painless and does not have any major side effects that could have long-term consequences. Of the different micro-needling tools available at present, the Skinpen is the preferred choice by many cosmetic specialists because of its precision and effectiveness.
How Do You Preaper For Micro-Needling With SkinPen?
It is highly recommended that you book a consultation with your dermatologist before you undergo the treatment. While micro-needling is safe and ideal for all skin types, sensitive skin could react differently to this procedure. Here are the things you should do before going in for your micro-needling procedure.
- Do not apply makeup and go in with a clear face devoid of any cosmetics.
- You should prevent using any moisturizer, sunblock, or face creams as well.
- The process is quick so you do not need to carry any important items from your home either.
- To make the process painless, the anesthetist will apply a numbing cream or a topical anesthetic in the area before the procedure starts.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Micro-Needling?
There are several advantages of micro-needling with Skinpen that makes this skin treatment one of the most preferred alternatives. Here are the pros and cons of micro-needling to give you a better perspective.
The advantages of micro-needling:
- Micro-needling is inexpensive and cost-effective. The prices are dependent on factors like the body part, the area you want to treat, and other such factors. The effects are long-term and it is a permanent solution.
- There are no permanent scars, bruising, or redness. This is a non-surgical treatment that is almost painless and the minimum discomfort that you can experience also gets reduced within the next few days.
- The recovery process is quick and you can go about your daily chores without worrying about any additional care.
- It can treat a number of different skin conditions with outstanding results.
The disadvantages of micro-needling:
- Those with sensitive skin must be careful since there could be some bruising, rashes, and itchiness. The skin can also get swollen and there can be some redness in the days following the procedure.
- The process can take multiple sessions and that can be a little time-consuming.